Absolutely Alabama: Shrimp harvest in Greene County | News
GREENE COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- The weather is turning a bit cooler, a sign Autumn is just around the corner. It's also a sign it's time for the shrimp harvest in Greene County. That's right, genuine saltwater shrimp grown right in the heart of Black Belt. FOX6's Fred Hunter shares with us how it happened and what you can expect as you pack your cooler and head for Eutaw is the subject of this week's Absolutely Alabama.
The harvest at Odom Farms will begin in a couple of weeks. For more on their harvest, call Dickie Odom at (205) 372-2804 or (205) 561-4143.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Editorial cartoon printed in Univ. of Alabama student newspaper stirs controversy
- Operation Toy Drop donations will arrive by ground this year
- Tuscaloosa expects 50,000 fans during Super 6
- Tuscaloosa authorities need more Operation Toy Drop donations
- Tuscaloosa commission calls for report of how schools used one cent sales tax